Adding an IDex directory
- On the SERVICES menu, under the Authentication submenu, click Directories.
- Click Add new directory and from the Tenants list, select the tenants to use this directory service. If you are using an IDex Agent with this IDex Directory, you must make sure that the IP address of the domain controllers involved are assigned to the correct tenant on the Tenants page.
- From the Type list, select the "IDex Directory" option and either accept the default "IDex Directory" Name or type your own.
- You can either accept the "Default" IDex Directory DB Key or to type your own, click Advanced options » and enter a unique Database Key for the IDex Directory. In most cases you can accept the "Default" IDex Directory DB Key but if you have a multitenant setup where some data sets need to be partitioned from others, type your own. The Database Key value should be an alphanumeric value and must not include spaces.
- Enter a descriptive Comment and click Add.
Note: Changes applied to the IDex Directory or Database Key will result in a loss of group mapping. To resolve this issue, the Smoothwall will synchronize group mapping after a 24-hour period automatically, alternatively you can synchronize group mapping by running SendADDataNow.exe manually.
- Mapping directory groups to local Smoothwall Filter and Firewall groups.
- Install the IDex Agent or Client, see our knowledge base articles, Installing the IDex Agent on Your Managed Devices and Installing the IDex Client on Your Managed Devices.
- Create a Smoothwall Firewall access rule, see our help topic, Adding new Smoothwall Firewall rules.
- Create a core authentication policy, see our help topic, Creating authentication policies.