Adding and editing category groups
- You might want to create your custom categories so that you can add them to your category group, see our help topic, Adding and editing custom categories.
- On the Smoothwall Portal home page, under the Your licensed products section, click Filter and in the navigation pane, click Category groups.
- To add a new custom category group, click Add category group.
- Type the Name for your new category group. We recommend that you try to make this descriptive of the content that you're categorizing, for example, Authentication exceptions.
- Optionally, type a Comment for your category group.
- If you have a multitenant setup, from the Tenant list, select the tenant that you want this category group to apply.
- To filter the Categories list, under the Filter the category list section click a category group. You can select and filter by more than one category group.
- Scroll down the Categories list and select those categories that you want to include in your category group.
- Once you have selected all the categories that you want to include, click Save group.
Warning: After you have added your custom category groups, you need to publish your changes, see our help topic, Publishing all your Smoothwall Cloud Filter changes.
- To edit a category group:
- If you have a multitenant setup, scroll to the section that you want to edit a category group for. If you want to edit a category group for a specific tenant, from the Tenant list, select the tenant that you want.
- If you have a long list of category groups, you can click in the Search box and start to type to filter the list in real time.
- To amend a category group, next to the category group that you want to adjust, click Edit:
- Amend the Name, Comment, clear the selection for any categories that you want to remove, select any that you want to add and click Save group.
- To delete a custom category group, right-click the category group and click Delete.
Warning: Remember to publish your changes for them to take effect, see our help topic, Publishing all your Smoothwall Cloud Filter changes.