Installing the IDex client for Windows manually - KB
This method means that you need to run the installation on each individual network device.
- To go to the product download page, click: https://customer.smoothwall.net/download.
- From the IDex Client and Agent Software list, download the installation file to a shared network location:
- IDexClient_x86.msi for Windows 32-bit.
- IDexClient_x64.msi for Windows 64-bit.
- Double-click the installation file and click Next.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click Next.
- Enter the Web filter host name or IP address of the Smoothwall Filter and Firewall explicitly configured for communicating with the IDex Client.
- Enter the Web filter port number that you used when you added the interface for the IDex Client, see our help topic, Adding interfaces for IDex Client.
- Click Next., and then Finish to complete the installation.
Note: You don't need to restart the device to complete the installation. Users don't see an icon in the system tray for the IDex Client.