Configuring the Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP)
- On the WEB PROXY menu, under the Web proxy menu, click WCCP.
- If you want to turn off WCCP, select No WCCP.
- If you don't need authentication for caches to connect the cluster, and only need a single coordinating router, select WCCP version 1.
- In WCCP router IP, enter the WCCP router’s IP address.
- If you be more secure than version 1, and want authentication for caches to connect the cluster, providing a level of protection against rogue proxies on the LAN, select WCCP version 2.
Note: Currently, WCCP version 2 in the Smoothwall Filter only supports routers configured to use the hash assignment method and GRE for both the forwarding and return methods.
- Enter the Password used to connect the WCCP cluster. WCCP passwords can be a maximum of eight characters.
- To provide a hint as to the proportion of traffic forwarded to this cache, enter a Cache weight. Caches with high weights relative to other caches in the cluster receives more redirected requests.
- Enter the Device IP addresses of one or more WCCP version 2 routers.
- Click Save.
Create a transparent authentication policy, see our help article, Managing authentication policies:
- Either, at the bottom of the page, click Configure or go to the WEB PROXY menu, under the Authentication submenu and click Manage policies.
- Create a transparent authentication policy using the authentication method you need.
- Select WCCP as the interface.