Adding certificates for service manually
- On the SYSTEM menu, under the Certificates submenu, click Certificates for services.
- Place your mouse cursor over the root certificate authority and click New certificate.
- To create a certificate that's also a certificate authority, leave the Authority option selected. Otherwise, clear the option.
- Enter a meaningful Name for this certificate. This is only for information purposes and doesn't form part of the certificate.
- Enter the Common name to be used for this certificate. Typically, this refers to an organizational role, such as, This School District's MITM Certificate.
- Enter the Organization's name for this certificate. The default organization name is the one for the Smoothwall entered at registration time.
- If you need details for the certificate issuer, click Advanced » and if the certificate is valid for more than one domain, enter the Alternative names, Email, Department, Locality or town, State or province, and Country.
- Enter a descriptive Comment.
- Click Save changes.