Setting shut down condition and adding UPS device connections
Set up the UPS device with the Smoothwall:
- Follow the documentation delivered with your UPS device to prepare it for use and connect it to the Smoothwall.
- Reboot your Smoothwall. Once rebooted, you're ready to start configuring the UPS device, see our help topic, Rebooting and shutting down the Smoothwall Filter and Firewall.
On the SYSTEM menu, under the Hardware submenu, click UPS.
- To set the global shut down condition for when the Smoothwall should shut down:
- Under the Global settings section, select when you want the Smoothwall to shut down.
- Click Save changes.
- To add a new UPS connection, click Add new UPS.
- In the Add new UPS dialog box, type a Name for the connection.
- Select a UPS connection type:
- Enter the Manufacturer and select a model.
- Choose the Port number.
- Enter an IP address and SNMP community.
- Enter the IP address, Username and Password.
- Click Add. The Smoothwall adds the UPS device and lists it in the Connected UPS section.
- To edit a UPS device, under the Connected UPS section, place your mouse cursor over the device that you want to edit, click Edit, adjust the configuration and click Save changes.
- To delete a UPS device, under the Connected UPS section, place your cursor over the device that you want to remove and click Delete.