Logging a new early help entry
Note: This doesn't mark the tag for Early Help on the student's profile. You need to click the green Early help tag to change it to yellow so that the tag shows up when staff search for the student.
- In the Search box, type the student's name and click Search.
- In the Results table, find the child that you want to create a new concern for and click Create.
- If you can't find the student, check that you are searching for the correct name. On Record Manager, we use the students legal name, not their known by name.
- If you still can't find the student, make sure that they are on-roll, have a valid non-temporary UPN, and are not pending transfer from another school. You might need to speak to your designated safeguarding lead (DSL) about this.
- Under the School Based Early Help section, click Log.
- From the Categories section, select those that apply and type a description of the Details.
- Type the name of any other staff members involved and if any other children were involved.
- From the Notify Staff list, select the staff members to notify. This sends the staff member an email to say that they have a notification to read.
- From the Manual Date picker, select when the log was raised.
- Click Create Early Help Entry.
If you want to raise any physical marks on the child:
- Click Add Body Map.
- Using your mouse cursor, click and drag the cursor to draw a red line over the area.
- Click Save Image.