Managing IP restriction settings
Note: Please allow 24 hours for your IP settings to be copied down to all your devices.
- On the Smoothwall Administration Portal home page, under the Your licensed products section, click Classroom Manager.
- In the navigational panel on the left, click the Settings cog icon. You can click the navigation pane arrow to expand the view.
- In the Organizational units list, the first school in the list on the left, has its settings loaded by default. To amend the settings for a specific school, in the Organizational units list, click the name of the organization that you want.
- The IP restrictions are turned off by default. To turn them on, click the toggle switch to enable. This shows as Enabled once clicked.
- In the first blank IP address range card, enter the public IP addresses of the Starting IP address range and Ending IP address range of the public IP address or range. Anything outside of the range will show Out of range in the Teacher Portal. This means that the teacher can't monitor or control the student's device from the Teacher Portal.
- Enter a Description for your range, for example, Science Building or Library.
- To add another IP range, click + Add IP range and repeat the previous steps.
- Once you have added all the ranges, click Save.
Note: We don't remove an IP address until you click Remove, so disabling the IP restrictions will not remove any previously entered IP ranges.
- To remove an IP address or range permanently, on the IP range's card, click Remove. The last card remains on the page but clicking Remove clears the contents of the card.