Regenerating and Saving Reports
Note: This topic applies to the Kenilworth Release.
You can access all reports generated for a limited time frame — from the last hour, today, yesterday, and older. You can also regenerate previously run reports, change the date range, or change their output format.
To see recently generated reports, go to Reports > Reports > Recent and saved.
You can also save generated reports for permanent access.
To permanently save a report, do the following:
- Generate a report as detailed in Generating Reports.
- When the report has generated to screen, enter a name for the report in the Save as text box at the top.
The report appears under Reports > Reports > Recent and saved in the Saved reports panel.
You can invite other members of your organization to view the report generated. This is via a unique shareable link, generated in the Smoothwall user interface.
At the time of writing, the link is only valid for use for exactly seven days from the point of generating. For example, a URL generated at 14:15 on Tuesday is valid until 14:14:59 the next Tuesday.
The shared URL is constructed using the hostname or IP address of the Smoothwall the report is run from, plus the generated report's identification string. For example:
Usage of hostname or IP address is dependent on the system identification method selected from the System > Preferences > Hostname page — see Using Hostname Identification . Typically, Smoothwall's are identified via IP address. However, you should not change this from one to the other without good cause as this may cause clients to not connect correctly
To get the shareable link, do the following:
- Go to Reports > Reports > Recent and saved.
- Locate the relevant report.
- Click Share.
- If required, you can choose to password-protect the link. Users who have the shared URL are prompted to enter this password before they can view the generated report.
The password is automatically generated by the Smoothwall. You cannot enter a password.
- Click Generate link.
- From the Share report - <report_name> window, click Copy.
This copies the Link, Password (if selected), and Expiry to your device's clipboard exactly as displayed to you.
- Click Close.
- Paste the report details to the required share medium, for example, email.
Note: The sharable URL is regenerated every time the Generate link button is pressed, with a different report identification string each time.
You can only delete recently generated, saved, and custom reports. Supplied reports cannot be removed from the Smoothwall.
Note: Only custom reports you have created can be deleted. Supplied report templates cannot be deleted.
To delete an existing report, do the following:
- Go to Reports > Reports > Reports.
- Click the button for the relevant report.