Installing the software manually -KB
This method means that you need to run the installation on each individual network device.
- To go to the product download page, click https://customer.smoothwall.net/download.
- From the IDex Client and Agent Software list, click IDexAgent_x86.msi (for Windows 32-bit) or IDexAgent_x64.msi (for Windows 64-bit) to download the installation file to a shared network location.
- Double-click the relevant installation file — IDexAgent_x86.msi (for Windows 32-bit) or IDexAgent_x64.msi (for Windows 64-bit) and click Next.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click Next.
- Enter the Web filter host name or IP address of the Smoothwall Filter and Firewall configured for communicating with the IDex Agent for which an access rule for IDex cluster has been configured.
- Use default Web filter port 2948 for most implementations.
- Click Next, click Install to begin installation, and then click Finish to complete the installation.
Note: You don't need to restart the device to complete the installation. The user won't see an icon in the system tray for the IDex Agent.