Managing a single upstream proxy or multiple ones
- On the WEB PROXY menu, under the Upstream proxy submenu, click Manage policies.
- Under the Global options section, from the Default upstream proxy list, select the default proxy used when upstream proxies aren't available, not configured or not allowed by policies.
- If you want to allow direct connections to origin servers, select the Allow direct connections option.
- If you want to send the originating IP addresses of client requests upstream, select the Leak client IP with X-forwarded-For header option.
- If you want to only configure a single upstream proxy click Save, otherwise, to configure multiple proxies to load balance, click Advanced ».
- Under the Load balancing section, from the Load balancing method list, choose the method that you want.
- Under the Manage upstream proxy policy section, from the Upstream proxy list, select the proxy for which you're configuring the policy.
- From the Source filter list, select the source filter used to determine the upstream proxy policy to apply, based on the source IP(s), subnet(s) or IP range(s).
- From the Destination filter list, select the destination filter used to determine the upstream proxy policy to apply, based on the destination domain(s), IP(s) or destination URL regular expressions.
- Choose if you want to Allow or Deny access to upstream proxies based on network location, enter a descriptive Comment and make sure that the Enabled option is selected, otherwise, clear it and click Save.
- To add more upstream proxies, repeat the process by selecting another proxy from under the Manage upstream proxy policy section.