Creating an Unattended Installation
- We will provide you with the client.
- If installing to a clean Windows-based device, that is, one that has not been assigned to a user yet, or has not connected to the Internet yet, you should launch the system browser (such as Internet Explorer or Edge) now before continuing.
You can create an unattended installation to deploy the Connect Filter for Windows Client out to. This section only provides guidance for the Connect Filter for Windows Client.
Create a script that includes: msiexec /i "path_to_installer.msi" HOSTDATA="host" PORTDATA="port" FAILMODE="FailureMode" PASSWORD="UninstallPassword" /quiet
- path_to_installer is the full network path to the location of SWCInstall30.msi.
- host is the host name or IP address of the Smoothwall explicitly configured for Connect Filter for Windows use.
- port is the port number explicitly configured for the Connect Filter for Windows interface.
- FailureMode is either Open or Closed, depending on:
- UninstallPassword is either the password, or to not use a password, blank, or you can remove the variable. This prevents users from removing the Connect Filter without authorization.
|Open||Continues to requested sites without filtering||Whenever the Connect Filter is unable to connect to the Smoothwall Filter, access to requested sites is allowed on this device. Filtering policies are not applied, including any block policies. This option is suitable for corporate organizations where access to company-specific websites is more important than preventing access to blocked sites.|
|Close||Blocks access to requested sites||Whenever the Connect Filter is unable to connect to the Smoothwall Filter, access to requested sites are blocked on this device. If a captive User Portal is used, access to that User Portal is granted, but after that, all other web requests are blocked. This option is suitable for educational organizations where there's a higher risk of users requesting blocked sites.|
For example: msiexec /i "\\mynetworkdrive\downloads\SWCInstall30.msi" HOSTDATA="mysmoothwall.com" PORTDATA="443" FAILMODE="Close" PASSWORD="" /quiet
When the installation completes, the Connect Filter system tray icon is displayed.