Managing the reverse proxy service
Note: To use the Reverse proxy service, you need a Unified Threat Management license.
- On the SERVICES menu, under the Proxies submenu, click Reverse proxy.
- Under the Global options section, click Enable and choose the SSL certificate to use to cater for HTTPS sites that use an SSL certificate.
- If you use a custom certificate, click Choose File and upload the certificate and key to use.
- To turn on intrusion prevention, and configure a failback address, click Advanced ».
- Make sure that Enable is selected.
- Enter the IP address of the web server to fail back to if a request doesn't match an address already configured.
- Click Save to save the global options.
- Under the Manage rule section, enter a meaningful name for the reverse proxy rule.
- Enter the URL, domain or IP address of the site that you want to publish.
- Enter the protocol with the IP address or IP address and port of the web server.
- Click Save. The Smoothwall turns on and deploys the reverse proxy service and lists it in the Rules area.
- Repeat the steps to turn on, configure and deploy more rules.