Banning users temporarily
- Only administrators and accounts with Temp ban access can manage banned accounts.
- If you have the Smoothwall Filter, the user sees the block page when they attempt authentication during the temporary ban.
- You can apply any web filtering policy to the Banned users group.
- There's also a ban option on the User activity page.
- On the SERVICES menu, under the Authentication submenu, click Temporary bans.
- Click Add new temporary ban and enter the Username of the account that you want to ban and the Tenant.
- Click Ban expires and either click Now to start the ban immediately or select the date and time of when the ban expires and click Apply.
- Enter a descriptive Comment and click Add.
- To remove a temporary ban, under the Current rules section, select the ban and click Remove.
- To remove an expired ban, under the Current rules section, click Remove all expired.