Adding a RADIUS directory
Note: Group information can't be synchronized between the Smoothwall and the RADIUS server as per the other supported directory servers. Instead, you must enter the group names into the Smoothwall manually as configured for the Group_Attribute parameter in your RADIUS server.
- Configure the RADIUS server to accept queries from the Smoothwall. Consult your RADIUS server's documentation.
- On the SERVICES menu, under the Authentication submenu, click Directories.
- Click Add new directory and from the Tenants list, select the tenants to use this directory service.
- From the Type list, select the "RADIUS" option and enter the RADIUS server host name or IP address.
- Enter the shared Secret set by the server and reenter the it to Confirm.
- From the Action on login failure list:
- If users in RADIUS are unrelated to users in any other directory server, select the "Try next directory" option.
- If the RADIUS password should override the password set in another directory server, for example, when using an authentication token, select the "Deny access" option.
- Enter the Identifying IP address to use to identify the caller connecting to the RADIUS server, if it must be different to the internal IP address of the system.
- If the RADIUS server can provide group information (received in the Filter-ID attribute of the RADIUS message), select the Obtain groups from RADIUS option.
- Click Advanced »:
- Accept the default of 10 minutes for the Cache timeout (minutes) or specify the length of time the Smoothwall keeps a record of directory-authenticated users in its cache.
- Accept the default Port or specify a UDP port to use when communicating with the RADIUS server. The default is port 1812.
- Enter a descriptive Comment and click Add.
Note: Group information can't be synchronized between the Smoothwall and the RADIUS server as per the other supported directory servers. Instead, you must manually enter the group names into the Smoothwall as configured for the Group_Attribute parameter in your RADIUS server. Refer to your RADIUS documentation.