Configuring global authentication settings
- On the SERVICES menu, under the Authentication submenu, click Settings.
- Under the Settings section:
- To log the user out after a period of inactivity enter the Login timeout (minutes) duration.
- To limit the number of logins attempted per a user, for the Concurrent login session, either select the No limit option or enter how many times the user can attempt to log in.
- To just log the user login and LDAP server information, select a "Normal" Logging level or to log request, response and result information, select "Verbose".
- To normalize all variations of username and domain in the same format, select the Enabled option for Normalize usernames.
- To create Smoothwall Firewall rules for groups that contain bring-your-own-device (BYOD) clients to allow them access to other segments of your internal network, select the Enabled option for Users identified by BYOD are subject to firewall rules that make use of groups.
- Click Save changes.