Configuring a tunnel compatible with iPhones
Set the preshared key, and the primary and secondary DNS settings:
- On the NETWORK menu, under the VPN submenu, click Global.
- Under the IPsec Road Warrior (and L2TP) Preshared Key section, enter the Preshared Key password that contains more than 6 characters and reenter it Again to confirm.
- Under the L2TP and SSL VPN client configuration settings section, enter the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS settings.
- Click Save.
- On the NETWORK menu, under the VPN submenu, click L2TP road warriors.
- Under the Create new tunnel section, enter a descriptive Name for the tunnel.
- From the Local IP list, select the external IP address for the connection and enter the Username and Password for the tunnel.
- From the Authenticate by list, select the "Preshared key" option.
- From the L2TP client OS list, select "Android or iOS".
- Click Add.
Configure your device:
- On the iPhone device, tap Settings, tap General, and then tap VPN.
- Tap Add VPN Configuration and tap Type, L2TP and then <Back.
- Tap and enter a Description for the tunnel and the Server, the Smoothwall Firewall’s external IP address.
- Tap Account and enter the username for the connection.
- Leave the RSA SecurID setting off.
- Tap and enter the Password and the Secret PSK.
- Leave the Send All Traffic setting to on.
- Under the PROXY section, leave Off selected.
- Tap Done.