Initiating VPN connections
- Example IPsec site-to-site and X509 authentication configuration.
- Creating the tunnel on the secondary system .
- Making sure that the VPN subsystem is working on both systems.
- On the secondary system, on the NETWORK menu, under the VPN submenu, click Control.
- Under the IPsec subnets section, identify the tunnel that was just created and to initiate the connection and bring the tunnel up, click Up.
Note: To permit or deny inbound and outbound access to a site to site VPN tunnel, make sure that appropriate zone bridging rules are configured. For further information, see our help topic, Adding new Smoothwall Firewall rules.