Installing the IDex client manually for macOS - KB
This method means that you need to run the installation on each individual network device.
- To go to the product download page, click https://customer.smoothwall.net/download.
- From the IDex Client and Agent Software list, download the installation package to a shared network location:
- Run the installation package and on the Introduction page, click Continue to begin the installation process.
- On the Software License Agreement page, click Continue, and then Agree to the terms and conditions and select the software installation location on the Destination Select page and click Continue.
- On the Installation Type page, click Install to begin software installation on the selected disk.
- When prompted, type your administrator user name and password, and click Install Software to continue.
- Enter the host name or IP address of the Smoothwall Filter and Firewall configured for communicating with the IDex Client. Click OK to continue.
- Enter the Port number configured for the IDex Client interface. Click OK to continue.
- Once installation has completed successfully the Summary page is displayed, click Close to complete the installation process.
Note: You don't need to restart the device to complete the installation. Users don't see an icon in the system menu bar for the IDex Client.