Creating an Active Directory group policy object - KB
Using an Active Directory Group Policy Object (GPO), you can create an unattended installation to deploy the IDex Agent out to Active Directory domain controllers. This section only provides guidance for the IDex Agent. For a detailed description of how to setup such a GPO, refer to your Active Directory documentation.
- To go to the product download page, click https://customer.smoothwall.net/download.
- From the IDex Client and Agent Software list, download the IDexAgent.msi installation file to a shared network location.
- Create a GPO policy that:
- Deploys the IDexAgent.msi
- Configures the following registry settings:
Key Name — HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IDexAgent\Parameters
|SmoothwallIPAddr||String||The host name or IP address of the Smoothwall Filter and Firewall explicitly configured for communicating with the IDex Agent.|