Allowing IDex access to the Smoothwall Filter and Firewall
Note: Any address objects and object groups created here are also made available for use in future rules, or existing rule amendments.
- On the NETWORK menu, under the Firewall submenu, click Smoothwall access and either:
- Place your mouse cursor over the section that you want to add a rule for, click Add rule and either click Top of section or Bottom of section.
- Expand the section and place your mouse cursor over an existing rule within the section, click Add, and then either click Rule above or Rule Below.
- In the Add Smoothwall access rule dialog box, enter a meaningful Name for the rule.
- For the Source IP addresses, enter the IP addresses of your domain controllers that have the IDex Agent installed and click Include ».
For the Services for this rule select "IDex Cluster (2948)" and click Add ».
From the Action list, select "Accept".
To log matching network connections, select the Log option, enter a descriptive Comment for this rule and click Save changes.
- If you can't find the address object or object group, click Create to add them directly to this rule.
- If an object was mistakenly added, click to remove the object.
WARNING: Selecting the Log option can generate a large amount of log data. We recommend that you only select this for "Drop" and "Reject" Smoothwall Firewall rules.
- Under the Smoothwall access section, move this rule to before any block rules you've in place and click Save.
- Creating the core authentication policy.
- To edit a rule, click the section arrow to expand the view and place your mouse cursor over the rule and click Edit. Make your amendments and then click Save changes.
- To delete a rule, place your cursor over the rule and click Delete.
WARNING: Deleting a rule that has a current established connection causes that connection to fail. We recommend that you delete rules when the Smoothwall Firewall is processing minimal traffic, such as overnight.