Allowing IDex access to the Smoothwall Filter and Firewall
Note: Any address objects and object groups created here are also made available for use in future rules, or existing rule amendments.
- On the NETWORK menu, under the Firewall submenu, click Smoothwall access and either:
- Place your mouse cursor over the section that you want to add a rule for, click Add rule and either click Top of section or Bottom of section.
- Expand the section and place your mouse cursor over an existing rule within the section, click Add, and then either click Rule above or Rule Below.
- In the Add Smoothwall access rule dialog box, enter a meaningful Name for the rule.
- For the Source IP addresses, enter the IP addresses of your domain controllers that have the IDex Agent installed and click Include ».
- If you can't find the address object or object group, click Create to add them directly to this rule.
- If an object was mistakenly added, click to remove the object.
WARNING: Selecting the Log option can generate a large amount of log data. We recommend that you only select this for "Drop" and "Reject" Smoothwall Firewall rules.
- Under the Smoothwall access section, move this rule to before any block rules you've in place and click Save.
- Creating the core authentication policy.
- To edit a rule, click the section arrow to expand the view and place your mouse cursor over the rule and click Edit. Make your amendments and then click Save changes.
- To delete a rule, place your cursor over the rule and click Delete.
WARNING: Deleting a rule that has a current established connection causes that connection to fail. We recommend that you delete rules when the Smoothwall Firewall is processing minimal traffic, such as overnight.