Configuring the web proxy with proxy auto-config (PAC) scripts
On the WEB PROXY menu, under the Web proxy submenu, click Automatic configuration.
- To use a built-in script:
- Select the Built-in option.
- To not use Guardian when connecting to local addresses, select the Bypass proxy server for local addresses option.
- So that the Guardian proxy uses its domain name instead of IP addresses in the configuration file, select the Refer to the proxy by domain name option.
- In the Exception domains and IP addresses box, enter an IP address, IP address range, network address or hostname that users might access directly.
- Optionally, click Advanced » and in the Exception regular expression domains box, enter one regular expression domain per line that users might access directly.
- Click Save. The Smoothwall creates the script and makes it available at: http://Your_System_IP_address/proxy.pac.
- To use a custom script:
- Select the Custom script template option.
- Click Download, use the built-in template as starting point for creating a custom script, and then save the script to a suitable location.
- Edit the file and save it using a different name.
- Click Choose Files, find the script and click Upload. The script is available at: http://Your_System_IP_address/proxy.pac.
- To manage the configuration script:
- Under the Manage configuration script policy section, from the Interface list, select the address that the configuration script should direct clients to and click Save.