Allowing a remote connection to the Smoothwall Filter and Firewall
To connect to the Smoothwall via remote SSH, make sure that:
- The host is from a valid network zone and a valid source IP.
- The SSH service must be enabled.
- The setup or root username and password must be known.
- On the SYSTEM menu, under the Administration submenu, click Admin options.
- Click Save.
Note: Terminal access to the Smoothwall uses the non-standard port 222.
- On closure of the support request, you should turn off remote access by clearing the option.