Setting up Google authentication verification for Chromebooks
Tip: For step-by-step instructions to set up Google verification with Connect for Chromebooks, including how to get the Client ID and Client Secret needed before continuing with the configuration on this page, see our knowledge base article, How to Setup Google Verification with Connect for Chromebooks.
You must create these before continuing with the Connect for Chromebooks configuration.
- On the SERVICES menu, under the Authentication submenu, click Google.
- Under the Google settings section, select the Validate user identity option and enter the Client ID and the Client Secret.
- Under the Chromebook settings section, select the Connect for Chromebooks option.
- To customize the client login page:
- Under the Client login page section, enter a meaningful Title for the main body of text.
- To change the logo Image, click Choose File, find the relevant image, and click Open.
Tip: Click the down arrow to expand the section and view the uploaded image. The Smoothwall logo is provided as the default image if none has been uploaded.
- Enter the Text that will appear in the main body.
Note: We recommend that you include text advising that by using this client login page, the user is granting permission for their login credentials to be sent to Google.
- Click Save changes.
- The client login page is accessed from the following URL: https://<hostname>:442/modules/auth/cgi-bin/google/login.fcgi
- where hostname is the fully qualified host name of the Smoothwall. For example: https://my.smoothwall.com:442/modules/auth/cgi-bin/google/login.fcgi
- From the Google Admin Console, set this URL in the Pages to Load on startup parameter. See our knowledge base article, How do I use the Connect for Chromebooks Client Login Page as a Chromebook startup Page?.