Adding new DNS forwarders or hosts
Global DNS settings
To configure global DNS settings:
- On the NETWORK menu, under the Configuration submenu, click DNS.
- Under the Global section, choose the System DNS resolver:
- For the "System internal DNS server" option, you must make sure that you configure the details for the DNS server that the DNS proxy uses to resolve DNS requests.
- For the "User defined" option, enter the IP addresses of the Primary and Secondary DNS servers to use.
- Click Save changes.
On the NETWORK menu, under the Configuration submenu, click DNS.
Note: Deleting a DNS server from the Conditional DNS forwarders table doesn't remove it from the DNS forwarders table. To make sure that the DNS server isn't used by any network device, it should be removed from both tables.
- Create a rule for DNS with the interface network devices use to connect to the Smoothwall Filter and Firewall for the inbound interface and service of DNS proxy (53), see the help topic, Adding new Smoothwall access rules.