Monitoring user activity
Tip: You can use an asterisk (*) to filter the free search terms.
On the REPORTS menu, under either the Realtime or Logs submenu, click Web filter.
- To export web filtering activity, select and filter the log data that you want export and click Export.
- To stop or start monitoring information in real time, click Realtime.
- To view details for a specific duration, click the date and time picker, specify when to search from, and click Apply.
- To get a closer look at what is happening at a specific time, find that time in the graph and click it. The real-time display stops and shows what has been logged at the time you clicked on.
- To change the log view, click Advanced » and clear or select an option to hide or show the columns of the results table.
- To filter the table by a criterion, enter the value in the column head and the table only shows rows with that criterion. For example, to see if a site is blocked, enter the URL to filter the results table.
- If the URL is blocked by a policy, you can click the policy link that takes you to view the policy details.
- To view search terms used from an address, enter an originating Source IP address. Click the down arrow and select Exact match to only search for the IP address specified. You can also enter a subnet range to search for, for example, 192.168.0.1/24.